The ultimate V-Twin tyre to perfect the performance of yesterday’s, today’s and tomorrow’s V-Twins.
- Enjoy performance-cruising in all weather conditions
- Consistent performance
- Smooth and effortless riding
- Enhanced confidence and safety
- Dual-Compound layout on rears and performance-oriented contour delivers sport-like handling and grip
- Ultra high mileage coupled with Metzeler performance and handling.
- Specifically designed for Custom Touring bikes.
- Technology offering consistent performance throughout the tyre’s life.
- Outstanding high and low speed stability and smooth handling.
- New compounds and tread pattern provide increased mileage without sacrificing wet and dry grip.
- Available in a range of popular sizes.
- Can be mixed with the ME 880 Marathon if required.
- Also available in select sizes in Wide Whitewall (WW) - see listings below.
Metzeler RACETEC RR - Race/Hypersport
Feel the RRace, feel the RRoad.
RACETEC™ RR earns its name from the Road Races – think Isle of Man TT, NW200, Ulster GP. The RR has been developed and put to the ultimate test with winning teams and riders, including Dean Harrison, James Hillier, Michael Rutter and Horst Saiger.
Road Races are one of the challenging racing activities, due to the combination of
circuit length, speed, altitude, temperature variation and variety of tarmac.
RACETEC™ RR has been engineered to cope with all these different situations in just one race, providing unmatched durability and versatility.
- Dual Compound rear
- 'in brackets' (W) speed index on all compound specs
- Racing grip all the time, thanks to compound versatility across a wider range of temperatures and tarmac surfaces
- Performance consistency given until the last mile
- Trajectory precision and high speed stability
- DOT approved / road legal - can be used for NZ Supersport racing
Compounds: K1 (Soft), K2 (Medium), K3 (Hard/Street).
NOTE: Whilst generally readily available, please check for availability of race compounds during busy Summer race season. We recommend back-ordering tyres BEFORE 30.07.21 to avoid disappointment.
RACETEC™ RR TRACK PRESSURES:
Front: 29-32 psi (cold), 30-35 psi (after warmers)
Rear: 23-26 psi (cold), 25-28 psi (after warmers)
Tyre pressures as recommended by Metzeler for track usage. For street riding, please consult your motorcycle manufacturer's recommendations.
Metzeler RACETEC RR INTERMEDIATE - Racing
NHS competition tyre for damp (intermediate) racing conditions.
- Fast warm-up and versatility
- Performance and control in intermediate weather conditions
- Regular wear and constant performance
- Excellent traction and stability at high speed
Metzeler RACETEC RR RAIN - Racing
NHS competition tyres for rain conditions.
- Deap tread grooves for efficient water evacuation
- 100% silica compound for chemical grip on extreme wet conditions
- Superb traction and stability at high speed
- To suit 600cc Supersport & Superbike
NOTE: Whilst generally readily available, please check for availability during busy Summer race season. We recommend back-ordering tyres BEFORE 30.07.21 to avoid disappointment.
Metzeler RACETEC RR SLICK - Superbike
METZELER's new slick tyre for professional racing, developed and tested on racetracks and in road races. The tyre of choice for the world's fastest road racers, including 2019 Senior TT winner Dean Harrison.
- HIGH INTENSITY RIDING ADHERENCE, AGILITY AND PREDICTABILITY.
- METZELER RACETEC™ RR SLICK features a new profile with increased height ratio, resulting in a wider contact patch effectively increasing adherence in all riding situations. The new profile, coupled with INTERACT™ patented steel belt technology, also provides enhanced agility and contact feeling, increasing riding easiness.
- ADAPTABILITY TO DIFFERENT TARMACS, TEMPERATURES, MOTORCYCLES AND SET-UPS.
- Structural design and INTERACT™ steel belt technology enables RACETEC™ RR SLICK racing performances to adapt to different motorcycles and settings. Compound versatility allows for a wider optimal operation window in terms of asphalt severity and temperature.
- PERFORMANCE CONSISTENCY, LAP AFTER LAP.
- Thanks to new solutions in terms of compound materials and mixing, paired with the new profiles, RACETEC™ RR SLICK is capable of delivering high performance for longer than ever, even after the first thermic cycle is over.
NOTE: Whilst generally readily available, please check for availability of race compounds during busy Summer race season. Tyres should be back-ordered BEFORE 30.07.21 to avoid disappointment. Strictly limited stock of KX compounds.
Click on thumbnail image (left), for compound usage.
RACETEC™ RR SLICK TRACK PRESSURES:
- Front: 30-32 psi (cold), 32-36 psi (after warmers)
- Rear: 23-26 psi (cold), 25-28 psi (after warmers)
Metzeler RACETEC SM - Supermoto
Specialised “Supermoto” tyre.
- Brand new compounds which are more adaptable to different racetrack conditions: progressive sliding with excellent traction
- Carcass tuned for high predictability both on-road as well as off, with excellent self-damping
- Profile re-designed for ease of Supermoto riding; quick direction changes and superior contact feeling and confidence in drift position
NOTE: Whilst generally readily available, please check for availability of race compounds during busy Summer race season. Tyres should be back-ordered BEFORE 30.07.21 to avoid disappointment.
Recommended inflation pressures for Racetec SM Tyres:
- Racetec SM 125/75R420 23-26 psi (cold) 26-28 psi (hot)
- Racetec SM 125/80R17 23-26 psi (cold) 26-28 psi (hot)
- Racetec SM 165/55R17 22-23 psi (cold) 23-25 psi (hot)
Metzeler RACETEC SM RAIN - Supermoto
NHS competition tyres developed for Supermotard racing in severe wet conditions
- State-of technology Silica-based compounds for immediate warm-up and extreme chemical grip
- Tread design contributes to mechanical grip offering immediate self-cleaning and mechanical grip
Recommended inflation pressures for Racetec SM Rain Tyres:
Racetec SM 125/75R420 34 psi (cold) 35 psi (hot)
Racetec SM 125/75R17 34 psi (cold) 35 psi (hot)
Racetec SM 165/55R17 28 psi (cold) 29 psi (hot)
Metzeler SPORTEC M5 INTERACT - Supersport
Sportec M5 Interact - Supersport tyre with Interact™ Multi Zone Technology.
Now available at NEW LOWER PRICING!
- Grip in the 5th dimension: The 5 zone tension Interact™ Technology ensures the best balance between mileage, high grip, excellent handling and confident stability
- “Pi” tread pattern provides effective water drainage and superb flexibility for an optimised contact area
- High Silica compound sets new benchmark adhesion in both wet and dry conditions
- Innovative lean angle indicator on the rear tread shoulders for measuring your maximum level of usage of the tyre
Metzeler SPORTEC M7 RR - Supersport
SPORTEC™ M7 RR is derived from METZELER's experience in Road Racing and engineered to empower sport riders who ride in all conditions of weather and temperature.
Introducing a new concept of water drainage and contact feeling thanks to dual-compound, Interact™ technology and high silica compounds.
- Sporty Handling: The combination of profiles derived from the Road Racing activities with high stiffness structures delivers extremely agile handling for enhanced sport riding on all roads.
- Grip in all Conditions: 100% Silica compounds combined with a new tread pattern gives Sportec M7 RR the unique capability to keep a sporty riding style even in cold and wet conditions.
- Extended Mileage: 20% more mileage compared to Sportec M5 Interact. Dual compound on the rear tyre allows the use of a specific material on the central slick portion of the tread pattern to increase abrasion resistance and extend the mileage capability.
Metzeler SPORTEC M9 RR - Supersport
The new Supersport tyre for your daily lean, enhancing the pleasure of riding without worrying about the unexpected, be that changing tarmac or weather conditions.
- Outstanding handling for great riding pleasure thanks to strong structure
- Dual-compound, on both front and rear, delivers plenty of grip to hit your toughest challenges, no matter the tarmac
- Quick warm-up, impressive wet response thanks to 100% full-silica compounds
- Tread design optimised for water drainage
- Best performance throughout the entire tyre lifespan
Metzeler SPORTEC STREET - Lightweight Sport X-Ply
X-Ply sports tyre for bikes up to 400cc. For a thrilling, agile and long lasting ride.
- Agile handling
- Sporty profile enabling dynamic and precise trajectory
- Durability and wear uniformity
- Excellent grip in both dry and wet conditions
- Ideal performance upgrade for LAMS bikes